Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Last Day in DC

Hmm...what to say???  This has been such a great trip!  I can't believe we're leaving tomorrow already :( Living with 10 sisters, and doing this ministry together, is so....humbling, and challenging, and wonderful, all at the same time.  I have seen my faults more clearly, I've gotten goosebumps worshipping God through our music, I have laughed until I've cried, I've seen others deeply touched by our music, I've been struck by some very deep truths in devo time, I've been filled with beautiful sunshine (in more ways than one)--and I will be leaving tomorrow with a much stronger appreciation and love for each of my sisters here, with each of our strengths and weaknesses and quirks :)  I am so grateful--seriously--for the abundant gifts God keeps pouring out to us!  Like the woman who cried when she heard us practicing, and the man who thought he was in heaven when he heard us in the hospital, and the beautiful Sunday afternoon at the waterfront in Old Town, and the way we link arms when we walk together and lay our heads on each other's shoulders and share all our food, and the irritating little situations God places before us to strengthen our patience and love, and the ways that God has enabled each of us to change--the way we are each seeking our King and growing closer to His heart.  We take so many things for granted--but "Let us not be deceived--every good and perfect gift is from above"!  And all of this we are given, though we are wretched, blind and dark! Sigh!  "Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!"

1 comment: